Alkarama launches its 2016 Annual Report.
Our website is being upgraded to a new design to offer our visitors a better browsing experience and richer content. New content will be added as usual, however some functionalities may not be available until the migration process is completed.
- Widespread torture and ill-treatment in detention and police custody;
- Conditions of detention inconsistent with international standards;
- Arbitrary arrests of real and perceived political opponents, including minors;
- No fair trial guarantees;
- Restriction of the freedoms of expression and of peaceful assembly and excessive use of force by the police and the army;
- Impunity for perpetrators of human rights violations and lack of independent and impartial investigations
2009 / 2012