Alkarama launches its 2016 Annual Report.
Our website is being upgraded to a new design to offer our visitors a better browsing experience and richer content. New content will be added as usual, however some functionalities may not be available until the migration process is completed.
United Arab Emirates
- Long periods of incommunicado detention and systematic practice of torture;
- Reprisals against human rights defenders and systematic repression of political opponents;
- Arbitrary detention without trial or after unfair judicial proceedings;
- Absence of an independent judiciary;
- Lack of judicial control over the intelligence services and impunity of those responsible for serious human rights violations
2015 / 2018