Alkarama Person of contact for country
Julia Legner, Email: j.legner - at - alkarama -dot- org , Twitter : @JuliaLegner
- Absence of basic rights and freedoms;
- Lack of independence of the judiciary, unfair trials, and systematic practice of arbitrary detention;
- Repressive nature of the anti-terrorism legislation;
- Systematic repression of human rights activists;
- Persistent use of torture.
Human Rights Instruments
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)
ICCPR Ratified ?
Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment (UNCAT)
UNCAT Ratified ?
UNCAT Ratification Date
OPCAT (National Preventive Mechanism) Ratified ?
National Preventive Mechanism (OPCAT) created ?
Date of last Concluding Observations by Committee against Torture (CAT)
Next CAT State Report Due
International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance (ICPPED)
ICPPED Ratified ?
Human Rights Council
Date last Universal Period Review (UPR)
UPR Next Review
Membership of Human Rights Council:
2006-2009 / 2009 - 2012
National Human Rights Institution
Accreditation with the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI)