Although Alkarama’s mandate only covers Member States of the Arab League, we also document human rights violations committed by the Israeli authorities, due to the occupation of Palestine.
- Massive violations of human rights and international humanitarian law during Israeli military operations in the Gaza Strip;
- Effective annexation and continued occupation of Palestinian territories by Israel and its policy of forced eviction through the demolition of Palestinian homes and the construction of illegal settlements;
- Use of armed force against demonstrators, including children, by the security forces and acts of violence committed by settlers against Palestinians;
- Impunity and lack of accountability measures against Israel by the UN Member States, in violation of their obligation to uphold international law;
- Arbitrary detentions, including the misuse of administrative detention of Palestinian prisoners, many of whom are minors.